View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #11
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Have ya'll ever seen that raw food diet in the fridge at your local pet store~? Our local store has had it for a while. I tried the medallians during his first year when we kept changing food. He loved it, but his poo stank to high heavens. Me not being a meat eater, was relucant about trying it. I took it back tho. I saw tonight that they had meat bones of bison or beef. I almost got one for Maxwell, but was undecided when I saw the red meat on the beef one. The bison bone didn't have any meat I could see. I also worried about him getting the bone portion caught in his throat. What do ya'll think about this~? Is it good or bad~? Lately, I am going to "Three Dog Bakery" to get him the rawhide bones that are more naturally made and healthier for him.
Hi,

I, also, feed PMR (Prey Model RAW), which consists only of raw meat and bones. There are many benefits to this species appropriate diet - not the lest of which is less poo and very little stench because the dog is using most of what s/he eats for fuel - therefore less waste!

Regarding bison or beef bone, these are weight-bearing bones that are too dense for any dog's teeth, and moreso for a small toy breed. We call them 'wreck' bones, as they can break (and probably will) teeth of any sized dog.

There is a PMR group here on YT - please CLICK HERE to join us and learn more.

Join today and remove this ad!