View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #8
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
Angie, I was wondering if you could titer next time and maybe avoid the rabies. I know I quit getting rabies for Muffin when she got older. I was just so afraid of it.
I wish! Our county is considered high-risk plus we live in the country with lots of outdoor critters. We even have to get the dreaded lepto that so many people are against on this board. Luckily none of the dogs (and the two outdoor cats that get rabies vaccs too) have ever had a reaction to the actual vaccines. The problem Tatum had was probably just due to the needle hitting the wrong spot but it's only happened this one time. She's feeling almost 100% this morning. Probably won't need the metacam by tomorrow.

I've talked to our vet many times about the vaccine protocols and he's adamant that given where we live and the kind of lifestyle that we live, all shots are necessary for us. And I trust that he's making that decision based on how well he knows us and cares for our babies - not the $$. Better to be safe than sorry.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!