View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #11
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
Awesome post! I just wanted to add, for the OP, to be careful even on YT. We do have some awesome quality breeders here. But, we also have people who are just here to sell puppies. Be very careful and screen the breeder. Remember that you're buying your breeder first, in hopes of having a great support system for the entire life of your dog, and then buying the puppy second.
Great advice -- I need to remember to add that caution! Picking the breeder needs to be the most extensive part of the search. Picking the puppy is easy in comparison. We do have some BYB's here.

OP -- feel free to post and ask about any breeder you are considering. Chances are there will be someone who knows something about them. Even in my small town, I found another YT member had a sibling to my pup, Ben. So we both had shared experiences with the same breeder and knew a couple others in the area too. Getting first had info is important, going and seeing their set up is even more important. So many talk a good talk, even have fancy websites, then you find out they are running a small MILL! Best to see it first hand.
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!