View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposa1864 View Post
Hello,
I have been training them for 5 months and they dont pee and poop on the pat they go anywhere. If i see them i say no and they look at me and they still go. what can i do?
Are you training them to go outside or on piddle pads?

My guess is they have too much freedom.

You need to keep their space limited until they are trained.

When you see them, say no and either take them to the pads or outdoors.
You could try what I did. I would say "uh-oh" everytime I caught her and then I'd go get the cleaner and of course she followed me everywhere. I'd lecture her while I was cleaning the spot. I can still remember the last accident she had. While I was lecturing her, she was looking right up into my face and I was sure she actually understood what I was saying. Anyway, "uh-oh" was my signal to her that she was messing up. To this day, if I say that, her lil head will pop around and look at me like, "What did I do?" I taught her to ring bells to go outside or to my garage where I have pads so that in inclement weather she will have a place to potty safely. We have some terrible thunderstorms and snow storms and there are many times she just couldn't have gone outside. I trained my last yorkie that way, too. It worked out well.

Last edited by yorkieusa; 11-05-2010 at 04:12 PM.
yorkieusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!