View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #7
Vinniedoggy
YT Addict

Oh. yeah, Stella & Chewy's is awesome too! I get their treats (the little Canine Crunch ones) and the dehydrated dinners for when we travel. The hardest part about feeding raw is if you travel or camp like we do. But the Stella & Chewy's lamb and beef dinners are perfect. They seem to taste great (according to Vinnie & Alex) and they don't require any refrigeration. Just add water and you're set.

I agree that all of the raw feeding is definitely not cheap, but there are some ways to cut corners. I know a lot of people make deals with local butchers to get some of the products that are discarded (such as marrow bones and organ meats). A lot of times, these items are just thrown away.

Also, I buy in bulk and then freeze portions of meat, defrosting it as needed. My local Shoppers has some great deals on meat and I just periodically stock up when things are on sale. By combining the Nature's Variety medallions and Primal Nuggets with some home cooked food, I probably save about $40/month feeding two dogs. Although, to be honest, the real reason I do this is because I just LOVE cooking for them. They are the best little eaters and I actually find it fun to cook up meals for my dogs because they are so genuinely appreciative. Sounds crazy, I know, but it's true!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!