View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoNiks View Post
I've tried Primal Raw (I got a sample pack from Krisers) and he also gave me two Stella and Chewys Beef patties as samples as well, Niko loved it. But I was searching on YT and I'm worried about the bacteria associated with these foods, and I personally get grossed out giving him the Primal Raw.

I was speaking to my vet about this whole situation and she wasn't too pleased about the RAW food either because of the bacteria, but she is also one that recommends science diet/royal canin because I'm sure she makes $$ off of it somehow..so I just follow what I know is right and do a lot of research. She told me to just give him dry and one food only and to entice him with some wet over it, but then he only eats the wet and leaves the dry and even if i put like one tiny lil wee bit of a teaspoon of wet, he will still go the whole day eating that one tiny teaspoon, driving me nuts!
Stella and Chewy's has a freeze dried version. This takes all the worry out of bacterie, e coli, etc. I use the freeze dried ones and Stella and Chewy's is made for the small dog. BTW....mine only liked the Duck Duck Goose Dinner. I tried the beef, lamb, and chicken. They didn't like them and/or it upset a tummy along the way. The duck was the only one I was able to use.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!