View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
Freddy_SW
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoNiks View Post
We have bells hanging at the door and we always tell him Niko Ring the Bell! We used to take his paw and ring it and now he does it on his own but only if we are BY the door and are just saying it over and over again. As in we get a signal from him (he stares at us, barks, whimpers or sits kind of like 10 feet away from the door), We go by the door and say Niko Ring the Bell Ring the bell and he does it like hes got marshmalllow paws..just like meehhh and he rings it then we put the leash on and out the door we go! He needs us to tell him to do it or we need to be on our way out in order for him to do it on his own. He never goes there and just rings it to indicate he needs to go. So to him its just another task he does before he gets outside..were hoping one day he will make the connection. We're still working on it, its been about 3 months now but maybe one day he will be able to run up to it and ring it so that he can tell us he wants to go out!

SAME thing with our little one. He is 6 months and i had the bell hanging there ever since we got him at 3 months.

For the past two weeks we didn't have any 'accidents' because he was in the crate during the day and i would take him outside to go potty every two hours when home. But yesterday he couldn't wait for me to put my shoes on in the morning and went inside. Also in the evening when i was cooking dinner he went on the carpet. I jinxed myself by telling my friends that i think Freddy starts to get it and i was proud of him for not going inside the house....

we even left him alone in the house three times before for a couple hours ( not in the crate) and he didn't go....waited for us to come home and take him out...
Freddy_SW is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!