View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
NikoNiks
Yorkie Talker

I guess I'll start him on one food, hes never had any issues with diarrhea, loose stools, etc. The only time has ever vomited (small amount) was when he ate the force mixed with dry kibble with such gusto that he just swallowed the dry kibble whole.

I am doing exactly that just putting out one kind of dry food for now to eat and maybe saving a tiny bit of force or wet food as a treat instead of anything else.

My only concern is that he is starving himself. He barely ate anything yesterday, and for dinner I just put out dry, he didn't touch it.
For breakfast today, same thing, didn't touch it. I didn't even give him his chews or treats or ANYTHING because I want him to eat his meals first.

I'm already worried (can you blame me?) because he is just moping around. At what point do I start to worry when he still doesn't just cave and start eating? How many days will he do this cherade for before he's actually eating what we give him? At what point should I be like Ok its been 2 whole days he hasn't ingested ANYTHING..what do I do?

What about hypoglycemia? Should I give him a lick of teaspoon of honey or something to keep his sugar up? Hes drinking his water fine.
NikoNiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!