View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #15
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcon1958 View Post
Thank you all so much I feel a little better (still feel stupid though). But I think I was worried about his throat and if I did damage anything. But he did have a good appetite tonight and ate all his food so I think he's over it alot quicker than I am. Again I appreciate the support. My husband an my son were fussing at me saying I was being over dramatic but they were not there. I feel better seeing him sleep peacfully next to me so he does still love me so I DO feel better!
And no, you were not being overly dramatic. Many times, the body goes into fight or flight mode, and you get a severe rush of adrenaline, which helps you handle the situation. You have to make clear, effective decisions in seconds, and you have to consider your safety and that of your pup's.

Once the danger has passed, a common reaction to the adrenaline overload is all over the body shakes, which subside as the body returns to a normal state. Also, you may get a flood of emotions, the 'what if's', and generally unsettling feelings. These flood your consiousness after the fact because your brain turned them off when you were threatened by the other dog. When the situation ends, the brain turns the emotional center back on, and you get flooded with feelings. Then you sort things out and begin to feel better.

What the body goes through in these situations has been compared to what happens to an athelete running a race in the Olympics. Overly dramatic??? I don't think so....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!