View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I'm sorry to hear about Betty Boop! Many might disagree with me but I think I'd take her off of kibble for a while if she were my dog. Merrick Grammie's Pot Pie is an OK product - I used to use it in conjuction with dog food for my boys. But, Merrick has had problems recently with contamination in their treats. The company also has had quality assurance issues.

Yorkies are also prone to IBD and as you know LS and MVD. Just curious, has BB had a BAT? These are symptoms we had with Daisy and battled for years before she was diagnosed with liver probs and IBD and allergies.

I'd probably opt for obedience training and reinforcement over the muzzle but that is not a quick fix unless you are really committed. It can work, Teddy kept eating everything and I taught him the LEAVE IT command and he is 97% compliant. Not quite 100, but Teddy never will be 100% compliant at anything except sleeping, playing and eating. LOL

Thoughts are with you and BB!
No, BB hasn't had a BAT test. The vet didn't even mention it, and I didn't think about it. BB knows the Leave It command INSIDE the house with CHEERIOS, but not OUTSIDE with ANYTHING!

I sure hope it never turns out to be IBD or anything else bad because of negligence of any kind on my part. I need to read up on IBD. Maybe go ahead and put her on an IBD diet?? for prevention??

The Grammy pot pie goes back tomorrow and she goes back on Blue Buffalo again, at least until I figure out what I need to do about food. I had no idea about the Grammy Pot Pie having quality assurance problems.

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!

Last edited by enchilila; 11-04-2010 at 01:01 PM.
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!