View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
Babbs3772
Senior Yorkie Talker

Love Happy's Vet care update!

I just received the call about Happy from our Vet. He has come through the surgeries just fine!!!!!!!!

Small glitches, whilst removing the recessed testicle a cyst was discovered, they called me and removed that as well. She does not feel a biopsy is needed = phew! Both testicles were easily removed - yay!

The saddest part of his neglect was teeth...he has all removed except for his bottom two canines and three little ones between the canines. Those were cleaned well and will need to be maintained by Mommy.

She said the jaw has deteriorated badly from the infected teeth, if she was to have tried to move those teeth (since they were actually rooted in well) she might have broken his jaw. Those teeth will also keep his tongue in

She has put a micro chip in as I am very concerned about losing him, but also who ever put him through this horrible life he has thus lived before us will try to come forward to claim him. She said between the Chip, all the medical care, parasite care, etc. it will establish ownership for me should anyone attempt to reclaim him.

Again, she spoke about the severity and neglect of this poor little one, how it was something that could have been rectified long before and it was a clear case of neglect.

I get to pick up Happy after 4 pm and I cannot wait to see him, I am so thankful that he is going to be able to live as he should, loved and adored by those who are truly "owned" by him!

Thank you all for your prayers and support, it has meant the world to myself and my husband as well.

Happy thanks you too, I told him that you all said prayers and have been wishing him well since he has come into our life.

I can honestly say that I am so enamored with this little creature that we will definitely be getting another Yorkie some day, he has truly inspired us and we see what a wonderful, tenacious, giving and loving breed this is even though he has suffered much neglect.
Babbs3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!