View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Puppy food for pregnant dogs

First of all.... Sorry, the search thing is not working for me right now. Keeps telling me there's an error.

I know I've seen threads on this subject before but don't remember what the general consensus ended up being. Should pregnant bitches be fed puppy food during (and after) their pregnancy or is their regular food actually sufficient enough? I've heard it both ways and last time we did feed the puppy food but this time will be a little harder because we have two and really didn't want to feed them separately. They have two food bowls of course but sometimes share their food with each other.

This is NOT for Tatum. We are breeding our Australian Shepherd, Stormie, again. This will be her second litter. We are SO excited about it... especially now that we feel more comfortable with all the specifics. We have a great mentor but sometimes I think the opinions on this site make more sense that what she prefers. This is why I'm asking for your opinions on this subject now.

Thanks in advance! And if anyone can direct me to some threads on this subject, I'd appreciate it. Maybe the search will work for me later.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!