View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
berlysue26
Yorkie Talker

Thank you to everyone for all of the information. One thing that I have done that I hope helps the transition for both my lab and the new puppy is I bought a baby blanket and have it here for my dog to get his scent on it and than I will bring it over to the puppies so they can get used to the scents. After a week I will just rotate it back and forth. I don't know if this is a dumb idea but I am hoping that it will help.
I serve on our local humane society's BOD as VP and have done lots of fostering of puppies and dealt with all the fun potty training. So I am ready for what I understand could be a challenge. I will admit I am a very excited but also very nervous. I have been on this site for at least an hour every night reading up on everything. I really think and xpen will be good but not sure which to get. So many choices. But I do like the ones that have floors in them, rather than just the wire ones.
Oh and one more thing my lab does very well with small dogs, my sister just got a new puppy this summer and when I would babysit he did great. My neighbor also has a small dog that comes over to play. I wouldn't leave them alone together for quite awhile until I was absolutely sure.
Some say male, some say female, and some say both. So I am going to try and hold off for as long as I can to try and get to know the puppies better. I won't see them now for 2 weeks so maybe than I can try and decide.
Currently the girl is a bit bigger than the girl at 2 weeks, could that change or will the girl most likely always be bigger? Do you have a recommendation on a specific xpen?
Thanks so much for everything..... Sorry this got so long
berlysue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!