View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Fatalivy
YT Addict

Default Help! He just won't ask to go out

I'm at my wits end. Mason is 2 yrs old and I would love to say he's 100% housebroken, BUT I can't. He NEVER pees in my house, but he does, on occasion poop in the house in different places and i clean with nature's miracle. On average, he may do this about every 2 wks. I feed him twice a day and he's not the typical eat and then poop. It may take him 8 hrs before he has to poo after eating, so I'm constantly watching the clock trying to figure out when he will need to go. I can't figure out his schedule. Sometimes he has to go once a day, sometimes it's twice a day. I am home with him all day long and I let him out every 2-3 hrs.,so he's not even having to hold it. Today, he pooped on my carpet upstairs and then hid under pillows after he did it. That was after being taken outside. He knows it's wrong. He has never been punished after the fact, either, so he's not hiding out of fear.

I had an in home dog trainer who tried to teach him to ring the bells. And, I have also been trying to teach him. Let me add, I've been trying this bell ringing thing for 1 1/2 yrs and he still just looks at it. Well, I now have called the trainer to come back again. No charge, since the training has been unsuccessful. Any advice, I'm all ears.
Fatalivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!