View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Rizzo is just about 11 months old and has never lifted his leg to anything. I do notice marking behavior when he is outside, like squatting for just a second on something the big dog just marked. But indoors he is great, and I've noticed he is actually better around other males then he is around females...not sure why, maybe the females were to alpha-like for his liking...It is a tough call, maybe your breeder can just say she has one puppy available and then you and the other interested party can have a meet-up with the puppies when they are old enough and you both can decide then? It's hard to choose a puppy that young, mainly because you can't determine their personalities. How is your lab around smaller animals? Some do have predator instincts and will chase and could switch to that mode when the small ones are in zoomies mode. I've had to grab my LL's shepherd a couple of times when Rizzo gets to running around. I can see when they're just playing chase, but then something changes in his face when they really get into the running. Luckily he is a smaller shepherd and used to be an American's so he hears my commands and stops when I yell at him. (I would never leave Rizzo unattended with this dog)
Do any of your friends have a young pup that is small like a yorkie? Have a play date with the yorkie-sized dog to see how the lab reacts.
I'd say m/f would be a great combo, but I'm pretty sure that if/when I get another it'll probably be a male, unless we can find a female that Rizzo gets along with
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!