View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #13
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helene46 View Post
You know what? Let me make something clear! I have been married for 26 years, during that time I had a total of 4 dogs...One passed away after 14 years of age, got her at 6 weeks old...my husband and I worked full time..she was fully house trained. The 2nd dog, is 1-1/2 yrs old, again got her at 6 weeks, and you know the hours we work, fully house trained no problem. Then there was that Yorkie that I could not train...we gave her away to a good home..I still keep in touch with the owners, and guess what? They cannot train her either! Then my 4th dog is my puppy.

YES I absolutly got rid of the 1st Yorkie because I could not house train her. I tried everything, and simply put, I do not want a dog that I cannot house train. That is my right is it not? Guess what else? I still keep in touch with the owners of her now, and they cannot train her either, and they have several Yorkies...that are house trained...

I am sorry, I cannot be convinced that if a dog is not house trained it is ALWAYS the owners fault. I also cannot believe that I am being attacked because of a simple question. I am so sorry for the intrusion...You people are unbelievable!

Those with answers that were actually useful, thank you..
I'm sorry, yes it is the owner's fault not seeing the signs. A dog wants to go where they want, but when they give the signs (and sometimes us humans don't see the signs) they do go where they are bc they really need to go! Imagine you have a bladder the size of a bean, how long can you hold it?

Also 6 months is not enough time to house train, and your first yorkie is only one year and was given up at about 6 months meaning the new owners have only had her for about 6 mo. Again, not enough time for her to understand what is going on and where she is. Yorkies are notorious for being hard to potty train, upwards of a year and you gave up after a few months. My Uni was trained quickly, but then again, she was not left alone for 5 or 6 hours out of the day.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!