View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
maays
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deonk1 View Post
Yeah we keep him in his room (which has about a 2x4 floor space including his crate), and he can't get up on the bed unless we are there. I'm going to try a few things this weekend, and try and develop a new system. my breeder suggested a few things, and I'll let you know if they work. I also think I need to fully sanitize his room, so assure it doesn't smell like poo, cause each day I spot clean. With the move it's just been super busy, (I know bad excuse, and I admit his problem is caused by us). I just hope I can figure it out.

As for crating when we're gone, I just can't leave him in a crate that long. some times we are away for a while, at least in his room he can go pee if he has too. We're in midterm season right now, and I've got a zillion group projects, so we are inconsistent.

I think I've pretty much answered why there is an issue, lol... our inconsistency.
I don't crate kiwi either because I'm usually gone for more than 4 hours even though i know she would be able to hold her pee until i come home. I just gated a corner off in my room and i put her there when im away.
maays is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!