View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 06:06 AM   #7
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

What is it about Yorkies that appeals so much to MEN??

My Don has often announced to one and all that he does not like dogs. He has never owned a puppy in his life. He and his wife Jean once took in a stray Dachshund, but that is the only dog they ever owned. Jean was a cat person and they had lots of cats over the years, until her death in 1996. When Don fell in love with me, I came with Pogo! And Pogo went to work on Don so that eventually, they became good buddies.

However, Don always said "When Pogo dies, there will be no more dogs, because I really don't like dogs all that much." Yeah well....I won't live life without a dog! So I went to work lobbying for a puppy for Pogo to mentor before he got too old. Don finally caved, but said that the puppy HAD TO BE a Yorkshire! He bought Higgins for ME for an anniversary/birthday present.

BUT guess what? Higgins has become HIS dog! They are inseparable. Don is a blithering fool over the little guy! It has been as much fun watching DON as it has been watching Higgins! And the other day, Don came up and gave me a big hug and said "Thank you sooooo much for bringing Higgins into my life!"

An observation: The more confident and truly MALE the man, the smaller his dog! It is men with underlying poor self esteem and phony swagger that want to own the Pitbulls and Rottweilers. This is just a generalization, but take a look.......hmmmm?
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!