View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #14
YorkieRini
Livin' La Yorkie Local
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersmom2
I have a small male Biewer stud that I plan to use with my Biewers. I have the parti male that has the exact same specific markings in the same places and he is the sire of the litter that are ready to go to their forever homes. The puppies are marked correctly except for the dark extending down a bit further on the leg. Other than that, they all are the same. Yet, I keep seeing litters of Biewers in which the colors are not the standard and yet they are being referred to as Biewers. That leads me to believe we are dealing with the same everything except for very selective breeding (in-line) to produce the pattern that is considered the standard.
Even the Biewers whose pics I have seen in shows are not all the same. They sure do make for interesting prospects in our breeding programs...

I agree some can vary but remember this breed is only 20 yrs young. IMO those that are not within the standard should not be bred. That's how the focus of my Breeding program.
With all do respect Rini, I feel you are mixing breeds by breeding Biewer to Parties and hope you do not intend on calling the pups Biewers. Not that they will be any less cute. Golly the are beautiful. Also, how do you plan on registering the puppies? German or American registry?

Irene
YorkieRini is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!