View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Nasdaq_Diva
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnainohio63 View Post
If you look on petfinder you will find quite a few rescued yorkies in your area that need their forever home, some are babies and some are older but all of them are in need of a loving home.
This is the big guy I'm considering adopting.
Read his 'bio' and let me know what you all think? I think he's a cutie! Please no one try to also adopt him

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Yorkshire Terrier Yorkie | St. Paris, OH | Totto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Please be extremely cautious with people who PM you with puppies for sale. Generally a red flag... because anybody can join YT and lurk for people who are currently looking for a puppy and send them a private message.
As always, Mary (Mardelin) has wonderful advice.
Wishing you the best. Please keep us updated.
Absolutely! it's a learning experience. I still check out the websites given. Only a couple actually seemed pretty good quality. But, again anyone can make a website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
PMs are very normal here, people wanting to sell pups.

Glad you're keeping all your options open. But, try to obtain a pup from as near to home as possible. Read everything there is as to what makes a reputable breeder. What kind of breeding program, testing, etc do they do.

Good Luck with your search. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. The dog world is very small as to who is who in the zoo.
Thank you! Yes, if it doesn't 'click' between Totto and I will continue on with my search. I'd like to keep my options for a baby w/in my Tristate area. But, fingers are still crossed on petfinder!
Nasdaq_Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!