View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
Helene46
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have a lab that is a little over a year old and loves this pup..actually I was afraid that she would not like her at all..but she plays with her ever so gently.

An X Pen? I will have to look into that thank because I have no clue what they are. The crate we have her in is quite large especially for her..I have a small bathroom and I also have a cat carrier..I was thinking about setting that up for her as her "bedroom" and put her in my smaller bathroom with the pads set up, and her food and water. I was thinking about a water bottle only because she keeps spilling over her water.

For the record, the other Yorkie I had was over a year old. I had her since she was about 6 months ....so 6 months of trying to potty train her...and I got nowhere...I tried everything. Actually we got to the point to where she would not go in her crate and hold it..I then would put her in the bathroom with her pee pads and a baby gate...she would go on the pee pads (would not go outside) and then when I let her loose in my house, she would immediatly potty again on my carpet.

As a matter of fact, I keep in touch with her new owners, and they still are unable to potty train her....she is over a year old now. I am confident that my new baby will be fine! I know she is too young to be away from her "mommy" but there is so much love in our house for her that I know she feels safe. It is me, my husband and my son...plus she has our lab and even our cat lets her crawl all over him and he plays gentle with her...and he is not a big "dog" kinda cat
Helene46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!