View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Poshible
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Jackson has had free roam since 5 1/2 months old. But he was on a STRICT potty schedule for the first 5 weeks that I had him. I think you need to just be REALLY strict and create a good schedule and work on getting them trained before allowing free roam. You literally need to have your eye on them 24/7 and when you can't... in the crate/pen they go.

Is your male neutered? If he is marking, he probably is not. Getting him neutered may or may not solve the problem at his age. I think you need to be really consistent. They are probably confused because you are allowing them to both go in the house (on pads) and outside. Personally, I would pick one or the other, or they may always be confused.
GREAT advice on the potty training issue. I catch Selphie trying to chew on my cabinets too. Have you tried to use bitter spray? I do not let Selphie free roam when I am gone either, but the husband feels bad to pen her up so he will--and that is a disaster. So as a precaution I spray that stuff on EVERYTHING!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!