View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Well, ANY dog has the potential to bite. That's why I hate when parents just allow their children to do whatever to a dog just because they are really tolerant. Jackson lives with a 3 year old and also visits my 6 year old brother often. He is VERY tolerant of their antics, moreso the 3 year olds. When she was younger, yes she pulled his tail once or twice, she's stuck her fingers in his food bowls, taken his bones, and he's never once showed his teeth... BUT we don't purposely allow that either. I always stop the 3 year old from doing bad things to the dog because she needs to learn. And just because Jackson IS tolerant doesn't mean he should HAVE to put up with it. So I think as long as you socialize and train, you will be fine.
OP, Welcome to YT!! I completely agree with what Britster said and I wanted to echo Patti's advice on finding a breeder. Please look at the YTCA's breeder referral page. It's the best place to start looking for a yorkie. And don't email, CALL. That is if your serious about finding a great breeder that will be your support for the next 15-20years and healthy, happy, well adjusted yorkie.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!