View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I'm going to have to echo other posters, it just doesn't make sense to me. If someone was on duty, I guess I would understand; but if no one is there, I would insist on taking him home. I feel though as pet parents we know our babies really well and we know when something is up, or they're just not feeling well. If something happens to Harley, who's going to help? At least at home, you can rush him to the ER vet if needed.

As far as eating goes, I was allowed to feed my boy after 7 pm, but a reduced portion size. Of course I fed him something that would be easy for his tummy; a small portion of boiled chicken breast and white rice. I fed him a more normal amount in the morning.

Have pre-op blood work done before neuter, and ask if his growth plates close. The growth plates I didn't know of before Kaji's neuter, it's something I learned from one of the great breeders here on YT. I'm guessing I didn't hurt Kaji much because he was a year old when he was finally neutered. If at all possible, get his retained baby teeth extracted and have him microchipped all at the same time. This helps you avoid having him put under again. I know most vets will say it's not necessary for them to be put under for microchipping, but if I may, Kaji had a pretty significant bloody scab on his back. I'm glad I had it all done at the same time. He didn't feel a thing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!