Thread: Grade 2 LP
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I like your post. Just because it's a grade higher or lower doesn't mean run into surgery. Kaji has 3/4 in both knees and as long as his weight is under control, he doesn't have a problem with it. When his weight goes up, his knees pop, and just recently when he was 1.5 lbs overweight, I saw him favor a leg for the first time. He's now on a strict diet to get his weight back down.

If it was my baby, and he was favoring his leg, I would definitely start seeking the opinion of orthopedic surgeons.
I agree, keeping the weight down makes all the difference in the world I'm discovering. As long as I keep Toby's weight down I think he'll be fine but the first glimpse I see of limping every time he gets up, we are going back to the ortho to see what to do. He is now on a supplement and I've cut his rimadyl to 1/2 pill a day for the past week and he seems to be doing fine. I still pick him up to come up the basement steps but I let him use all the other steps we have.

Definitely keep an eye on it. I'd get Toby the surgery in a heart beat if this was affecting his quality of life. He's lost 1.1 lbs and that has made a big difference. We still have a couple pounds to go but we'll get there. He's at 10 lbs. right now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!