View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggysMom View Post
Since I have had my 2 year old male yorkie, I have trained him to use his pee pads. I have noticed in the past few months he has been going in different spots around the house. It's usually always happens when I'm not watching him and he sneaks away to do it. He knows what he's doing is wrong b/c afterwards he will run and hide under my bed! ALL of the pads are clearly visible and he usually goes on the pads but I'm not understanding why all of a sudden he has decided to go in random spots around the house. He's averaging about once a day...at least that's when I see the spots. I got my carpet professionally cleaned a few months ago and pee spots are already back! It's becoming so frustrating and I don't know what to do. He is fixed and unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow for me to be home @ the same time everyday in order to crate train him. I would feel so bad leaving him in a cage all day (he is currently in a playpen w/ food and a peepad). Does ANYONE have any advice or reason as to why he may be doing this all of a sudden??? Sigh I'm so confused!
Wow! I'm sure you are frustrated. Have you had him since he was a puppy? I wasn't sure that was what you were saying or if you had gotten him a bit older.

My thoughts are that since you said he is going in random spots around the house is that he is allowed too much territory until you can get him trained again.

I don't know if he may be going on old spots or not. They say to use an enzymatic cleaner to completely remove any odor. You can't smell it but he can! He has a super nose!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!