View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
trin7
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkilovespink View Post
Yeah, I asked the breeder about taking her outside and he said had started them on the potty pads and that being this young she won't really understand that she's supposed to go outside. But yesterday on the car ride home she held it for an hour and fifteen minutes (the whole way home) until she had a tiny accident on my floor. Which makes me think that even though she looks really tiny maybe she could be crate and outdoor trained right now. What do you guys think?
With Mabel and Darwin, we never used pee pads and always took them out, consistently. They were both 12 weeks when we brought them home. Mabel was just under two pounds and she did just fine. Just my opinion, but I think it would be harder to housetrain them if they had the idea that sometimes they could pee and poop in the house and sometimes weren't allowed. One more thing about crate training, we kept both Darwin and Mabel in our room with us in separate crates. Because Darwin is older and we got him first, I used to dangle my hand in front of his crate so he could tell that he wasn't alone. We had no issues with Mabel being crated. She is still in her own crate, but we put the fronts of the crates butted up to together. Hope this helps!

Last edited by trin7; 10-29-2010 at 07:58 AM.
trin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!