Thread: Ecoli
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #15
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
If you dont want to lose another dog you may need to leave it at the vets
My husband and I have brought home dogs the vet said didn't have a chance and brought them through. I truly belive that it is because they know we are here and love them. We don't give up and we are checking on them every 10 minutes where at the vets, during the day they only check on them about every 2 hours, no-one is there at night unless someone calls in with an emergency. There is one vet up there I won't have anything to do with because when I called with an emergency she told me to take the dog to the emergency clinic because she didn't want to have to get her children up and drop them off at a babysitter.

You know.......I totally understand this but what makes me angry is that she shouldn't have let herself be put on rotation if it was going to be a problem. I did not complain to the owner or the office manager. I don't want to get her fired but we had been in contact for several days with the vets at the clinic over having parvo. As it happened we couldn't get to the er before the puppy died. It was an hour drive to the er and about a 10 minute drive to the clinic. We probably would have lost him anyways but we'll never know.

BTW, the dog that hasn't been doing so well is doing better.
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!