View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe-mom View Post
I bathed Chloe this evening in the shampoo that I got at vets office. Aloe and oatmeal. We've use this shampoo about 6 times already. No problems. About 7;30 I was petting her and she has huge quarter size whelps on her back close to her neck. They are red. Scared me and I called the vet, he said to give her 12.5 of Benadryl and bring her in first thing in AM. She only ate boiled chicken and rice with green beans twice today. We started this yesterday, was on Nutro kibble. Can't think of anything she would have gotten into. Any ideas what I should do?
My suggestion to you would be to follow your vets advice. You can also use a pill cutter and cut the adult dose in half for the 12.5 mg that your vet told you to give. I personally like to put pills into a little cream cheese. It works really well, they think it's a treat and my 3 all love it.

I'm glad that Chloe is feeling better today. I wonder if she might be sensitive to the chicken you are feeding her. Many dogs have chicken sensitivities that will cause scratching. My Pebbles does not do well with chicken so now I feed Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Lamb and Brown rice. She use to keep us up at night scratching constantly. Since switching she never scratches.

This is just a suggestion but I would keep in contact with your vet for any concerns regarding Chloe. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!