View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
motoguy205
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencar98 View Post
I think there are exceptions to this Nancy, I'm personally aware of a couple of different breeders that are not showing, I would categorize as good breeders. Now "great breeders" are few and I wouldn't use that adjective for most of the breeders I'm aware of, even if they do show. I believe to be a great breeder takes much more than being committed to showing dogs or even "loving" the breed.

I would prefer a breeder show but I don't think it's absolutely necessary in every case to be considered a good breeder. And, kennel blindness takes place often within the show world, even show people would have to agree I would think.

OP...I am aware of the purpose for showing, it's an assessment of breeding stock.
This too I agree... just because you have the number 1 dog in the country doesn't mean you have standards or morals. In my personal experience I know a breeder that has the #1 Rhodesian Ridgeback in the country with the UKC but the dog has serious seziures... he has put over 114 puppies that I can prove (and more) but this doesn't make her a good breeder... I want everyone to know that even though they may have a top ten dog, doesn't mean the have any form of morals or standards when it comes to breeding our mans (or womans) best friend!
motoguy205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!