View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Monblancess
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default How to care after getting spayed...

Hi everyone! This is my first post ever since I joined a few months ago. I firstly want to thank you guys for helping me so much with all your awesome advice on all the great threads. This is my first dog so I have a lot to learn and I'm so glad I came across this website to guide me.

So my Diamond got spayed, her teeth cleaned and hernia removed all at once yesterday(Tuesday). I literally cried when I picked her up because just seeing that incision I felt so cruel for putting her through that and maybe it was my guilty conscience but I felt as if she was mad at me for doing that to her. She wouldn't let me touch her and she kinda had an angry face lol. Writing this now sounds so silly of me and like my bf told me that I was exaggerating. Anyway she is doing great! However the vet told me to keep the cone/buster collar on her 24/7 but I ONLY take it off when she eats and sleeps at night. Should I not do that?? She is not an active dog and she usually sleeps through out the day but with the collar all she does is look miserable and walk around or just stand/sit in place for a long time because when she tries to lay to sleep the collar won't let her. She is an extremely picky one so she usually gets her way with me. Please tell me if I should be firm with her. Also is there anything else besides her meds to make her comfortable and heal faster?? Thanks so much in advance. - Blanca and Diamond
Monblancess is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!