View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
joeys mom
YT Addict

Default How do I know if he is missing her?

While traveling on vacation, we stopped for gas, and while I was getting Joey from the backseat, Cabella pulled back on her lead and slipped out of her collar. Needless to say we went up the road, back down, then down the ramp and back up, missing a vehicle, then she ran down the road, and as a semi came down to turn in she darted under he wheels, of course the truck driver could not have done anything and I understand that but the guilt I feel is terrible. We had moved to the country and Cabella could run on the 4 acres we have and she had toned up quite a bit, and she had Never pulled back on the leash like that and she was on it weekly traveling from TN to VA and back. I should have checked that collar, but I didn't.

Now for the real reason I am posting this thread. How do I know if Joey is suffering from Cabella not being here? He seems pretty normal, just is demanding most of my time to play fetch with his new Duckies we picked up for him while on vacation. He is eating, but less than before. He also now sleeps with me and before I would crate he and Cabella and he would be up by 6:10am, barking for them to go outside. Now, Joey will sleep until 9am if he is in bed with me. He used to be so excited to go out, but now I have to go out, call him and walk into the yard with him. Does this seem normal to you guys or am I just looking for trouble that isn't there. It's hard to believe, he would do all of the barking just for her, but that may just be his way. I have been thinking about bringing my daughters pom down and let them spend some time together, she is now working and Tiff is home alone all day to. But Joey really does seem to be ok. I was just hoping you guys could give me some advise, or if you have had some experience with the loss of one loved one leaving the other behind and would share this with me. Thank You, Sharon and Joey
joeys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!