View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I am so glad you posted! I was beginning to think I had gotten an odd bottle or just had no taste in shampoos. I, too, found it to be very watery, and had to use a lot more than I would normal quality shampoos. I did not find it easy to get a lather going and was not excited about the smell either. I was warned that the hair might feel waxy after use but did not find that so much as I just was missing the softness and shine I was used to. I did not see how long the smell lasted as I used my old shampoo within a couple of days because I wanted that shine back.

I hesitate even now, to add a negative review as the developer/vendor is a member here. I know she put a great deal of research and hard work into making her product and is very happy with it herself. But everyone has different preferences. Even human hair products get much different reviews. There is not one forumla to make everyone happy. I guess that is why there are so many brands. I was even more hesitant as she gave me a bottle to test and report back to the forum. I have not done so until now as I did not want to ruin her business. But it seems to have taken off nicely now and I feel an honest review, even one that did not like it at all, only serves to balance the input. In fact, I sort of felt guilty about holding my tongue while so many ordered based only on the good reviews.

I love Espree products, especially the Luxury Remoisturizer! I have even used a little of that on my own hair and it tamed my mess nicely too! I use Fluffy Puppy on all puppies and everyone's faces. That way if I do get some accidently in their eyes, no burn. I am currently using Minksheen on my 3, and love it for the shine, softness and the fact that I have gone without my Frontline Plus for over a year with never a flea! Anytime I can skip using harsh chemicals is a plus! I also like Paul Mitchell's dog grooming products, Pet Silk Moisturizing Shampoo is GREAT, and there was another I liked that smelled like fresh baked oatmeal cookies but I can't think of the name right now. So, I am not very particular -- I have lots of shampoos that I love -- but not Yorkie Splash and Shine.

BTW -- Ben is pure silk, my late Sadie was a modified silk (some call combination cotton/silk)coat, and I also have a Jack Russell with the typical short hair. I have also had puppies to shampoo. So, I feel like I have a wide range of textures to test shampoos.

Last edited by FlDebra; 10-27-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!