View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Princess Chilli
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Please help - Somethings wrong with my 5 month old tcup yorkie :(

Hi All,

I am new to Yorkie talk and I’m turning to all of you out there for some help please. I just got a 5 month old tcup yorkie. He ways 6oo grams and he is so fragile. He has only been with us for 3 days. When we got him he was full of ticks and flees and dried poop. So we bathed him, cleaned him up, removed the ticks and flees and the vet gave us stuff to put on him. Our vet gave him a general check up and says he seems okay, but I have noticed he doesn't focus very well and I’m worried if he is battling to see. Then when I was holding him he had a seizure as he got lock jaw, started shaking, went weak and couldn't walk, but after holding him he was fine. Then everything went back to normal and last night he went to bed and then started screaming in the night and even though we had picked him up he still cried and cried. So that went on and off the whole night then he had another seizure this morning so my husband rushed him to the vet. They have now booked him in to the hospital and he is on a drip and they are doing the tests that they can. They can’t do too much as he is so small. His glucose level is normal and since he has been at the hospital and on a drip he hasn't had another seizure yet. The vet doesn't seem to know what it is and I’m so worried. There must be something wrong for him to be so unhappy. I am devastated and scared I’ll lose him. Please help with any advise or if you have been through something similar. He is on Hills food and has been eating and drinking with no problems.

Thanking you in advance for your help and support.

Bronwyn

PS - I also have a miniature yorkie and have never had any problems with her and she is 4 years of.
Princess Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!