Thread: New Puppy
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
cally930
Donating YT 500 Club Member

6 weeks is unbelievable that a "breeder" would let a puppy go. As the previous poster said - 12 weeks is when you should have gotten your puppy. You may experience behaviors that you really do not want with a puppy leaving its mom and siblings so early. Biting is one of them.

I am sure that you probably do not want to bring your puppy back because they are so darn cute and you very easily get attached. Make sure you do not allow this tiny little thing to roam the house. An old baby's playpen is great, where you can put their bed on one side with the food and water - and the pee pad on the other.

Nutrical is a must - daily.

Whatever dog food the breeder told you the puppy was on you should continue. Wetting it if its kibble, squirting some honey and mixing in some baby chicken food - mix it and microwave it. It will stink - but it will moisten it enough for the puppy to eat it. You really should not change what a puppy is eating - for at least a month. Then if you want to make changes - do it gradually.

I wish you a lot of luck! And as for the breeder you got your puppy from - I would not recommend that breeder to anyone - no matter how many years they were breeding.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!