Thread: Gas!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
Babbs3772
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Aw, that poor little fella ! It's so wonderful that you took him in...and what a positive name for him, HAPPY! I bet he loves hearing his name .

Sometimes, digestive enzymes can help...or, if it really seems bad, your vet may have suggestions to help him ease the gas either with OTC product, or with a prescription product. Seeing he was previously abandoned, the idea of probiotics could be even more valid, as who knows what he ate when on his own.

A short term boost that may help him is Benebac (available at PetCo - but not Petsmart - in the small animal section and in the Dog section). This is a high-potency probiotic paste that can help doggies under stress. If you want something more longterm, then I'd suggest Natures Farmacy Dogzymes.
Thank you so much, I will look into those products. Happy is getting neutered on Monday - he was suppose to have his teeth extracted that day but because one of his testicles isn't descended and they will have to go into his abdominal cavity area for the surgery they want to wait on the teeth extraction to be on the safe side for him. I will talk to the vet again on Monday about the gas if it is still and issue regarding the gas.
Babbs3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!