Thread: Gas!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbs3772 View Post
I truly wish I could do that, however, Happy was abandoned at our home, lord knows what he might have been fed. I can guarantee you it wasn't anything nutritious or good sadly.

The veternarian believes that it is just food period that is making him a bit gassy, he is very under weight at this point but we are doing everything we can to get him feeling better.

We will continue to play it by ear and hope he is feeling better soon
Aw, that poor little fella ! It's so wonderful that you took him in...and what a positive name for him, HAPPY! I bet he loves hearing his name .

Sometimes, digestive enzymes can help...or, if it really seems bad, your vet may have suggestions to help him ease the gas either with OTC product, or with a prescription product. Seeing he was previously abandoned, the idea of probiotics could be even more valid, as who knows what he ate when on his own.

A short term boost that may help him is Benebac (available at PetCo - but not Petsmart - in the small animal section and in the Dog section). This is a high-potency probiotic paste that can help doggies under stress. If you want something more longterm, then I'd suggest Natures Farmacy Dogzymes.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!