View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
kdreamson
YT Addict

Rose

Gosh Lizzieg, I sure feel your pain!! I get 2 or 3 of these @$$^%& things a year and they are miserable!!! I have dealt with em for 40 years and have tried everything! My dentist even gave me a prescription for Aycyclovir(sp?) This did not help much. Sadly, in my experience, nothing but time(usually 2 weeks) will heal it. In the meantime, wet some regular teabags and freeze them. Apply the tea bag to the sore for as long as you can several times a day. The tanin in tea speeds healing and the cold relieves the swelling. Also take aspirin or motrin to help with swelling and inflamation, pain. I also keep it lubed up with neosporin. It's okay to put on your lips as it won't hurt you. I really understand what you are goin thru, so embarrasing, You just want to slink away and hide in the closet!!! There is no way to cover them! One person out of four get these so chances are lots of folks you meet are suffering from the same condition! That does not make it easier, i know!! Keep your chin up! Good luck! Kim&Mabel

Join today and remove this ad!