View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 AM   #14
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigker86 View Post
Hmm...for some strange reason she always gets super matted!!! ONLY where her collar or harness goes. :S

I got some yorkie splash and shine shampoo, conditioner and detangler. It smells great, but some of the knots might be too great to get out. I even tried rubbing in the cornstarch thing. Maybe I need a better brush. Lexi complains when I'm brushing her too long....Maybe the comb/brush I have isn't that great....
Make sure you get all the tangles out before you shampoo her. If you don't the tangles could "set in".

I put Beamer on the table and I spray him, sometimes with the Miracle Coat leave in conditioner, sometime with the Crown Royale grooming spray. Then I use the Madan pin brush to brush him. Lift the top hair up and start with the underneath hair closest to his skin. I brush and comb the underneath and work my way to the top coat. When I have finished I take the comb and comb through the whole coat again - if I feel any "resistance", then I know I missed a tangle, and rebrush and comb that area again, lifting up the top hair and starting next to the skin again.

There is this neat book in the grooming section:
http://media.wiley.com/product_data/...0764568809.pdf

The instructions for putting the bow in are what I use too.

Last edited by Beamers Mom; 10-26-2010 at 05:01 AM.
Beamers Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!