View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
jennykov22
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hello...I'm New....

Hello,
My name is Jenny and I have a four year old Yorkie, Angelica. My boyfriend got her for me as a surprise. We believe she was from a puppy mill as she was very sick when we got her and only 8 weeks old. The women that he got her from had her since she was 6 weeks old...way too young to be taken away from her mother, I think.

She is a sweet dog, but has severe "guarding" issues. She randomly guards items, random items, and gets very aggressive when I try to remove her or take the item away. She has been doing this since she was about 2 years old but it recently, in the last 6 months, she has become much more aggressive, trying to bite me, when I try to remove her or the item.

I have tried many things including talking gently, talking rough, pinning her (recommended by a trainer) ignoring her, pheramone spray, even getting another dog for her to play with! My vet recommended I work with a specific trainer in my area that charges 100 an hour. She is trained in the ttouch method. Unfortunately, I just can't afford that. I tried putting her on Clomicalm but it didn't work so I stoppe giving it to her as it's hard on her liver.

Does anyone else have a yorkie that does this? I am going to post a video as soon I figure out how

Thanks!
jennykov22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!