Thread: LP advice
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
enchilila
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Betty Boop has LP1/2 in her right hind leg. I took her to the vet for another reason and as I was leaving, I turned around and asked him to check her leg because she hurt it one night while running down the hallway. I was in the process of looking for pet insurance and didn't even think about him putting the diagnosis of LP in Boop's file. Then, I found out that I would be lucky to find a company that would ensure LP because they would look at it as being genetic. I'm just putting money aside each week in a "kitty" fund for medical expenses.

Betty Boop's LP doesn't seem to bother her at all. The vet recommended Glucosamine. I will not put her through surgery unless it is absolutely necessary. I've read a lot about it on this forum and have made an informed decision for myself.

I'm sorry Tallulah has LP. Try not to worry. At first, it was shocking to me and I felt like her little life was over, with no more playing or jumping. Heck, I can't keep her still! Nothing has slowed her down and her leg hasn't bothered her since being put on glucosamine. Before that, it slipped twice. It just has a way of popping back into place on its own. I'm always careful when I pick her, though, because I can feel the knee cap shifting a little.

Give your little beauty a hug from Betty Boop and me.

"Betty Boop"
The light of my life & the joy of my living!
enchilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!