View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
cally930
Donating YT 500 Club Member

That's pretty much it.

If you find an accident a half an hour later and you reprimand your pup - he will not know what you are punishing him for. So basically just clean it up and try to keep an eye on him - ALL THE TIME. When you catch him doing it wrong you just clap your hands real loud, stomp your foot and firmly say NO - all at the same time. You pick him up, bring him to where he wants to go and wait............and wait.................and wait. I've had situations where they then just decide they don't want to go anymore. Of course, lots of praise and treats when they go in the right spot. The tiny goldfishes my kids eat, worked great for me as treats - I always had them in the house.

As for cleaning up the mess when you find it. First put the puppy away - do not let him see you cleaning it up. When you are down on the ground on all fours - the puppy assumes that you are down there to play - and will most likely pee there again in order to get you to get down there. Always use a cleaner that will clean up all the scent so that the dog does not go back there again.

Good luck to you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!