View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
volumnus
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Knox won't use his pads anymore?

Knox is my 4 1/2 lbs male yorkie. He is not fixed. I really don't want to get into a huge discussion about the advantages/disadvantages of neutering.

Knox has been trained to pee on his pads since he was about 12 weeks old. He also usually poops on the pads, but he sometimes poops right next to them. He doesn't have the best aim when it comes to number two.

Knox has been marking outside on our evening walks since he was just a puppy, but recently it has gotten more pronounced. He has to pee on every single bush, tree, and leaf for goodness sake that dots his path.

I quickly noticed when he stopped going on his pads. Usually the peepee pads only lasted a few days before I needed to throw them out, and dramatically they were snow white after two or three days, so I was concerned. Then I found where he had been going on my speaker stands and at one particular place in the kitchen!

I cleaned it up of course to get rid of the smell as best I could. And since then I have been taking him outside every couple of hours. In four days, he hasn't made a single mistake either number one or number two, but he's still refusing to use the pads at all. It's like he just decided I'm a big boy, I don't want to go in the house anymore. This is a big problem. I have been on fall break, but I have to go back to work tomorrow. Additionally, I have a neighbor with three pitbulls that frequently roam unchained and another neighbor with a the meanest lab mix you've ever seen, so I can't just let him go outside unattended since I don't have a fenced in yard. And even if I did, we have a lot of owls and hawks in this area. I just wish I could get him to use the pads during the hours I'm at work. He's a great little dog. He just seems to have outgrown the peepee pads. I'm going to try to get my grandma to come take him out around lunch time, and go from there. lol
volumnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!