View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
yli009
Yorkie Yakker

Confused How to get him to pee AND THEN poop?

Hi everyone, so there is the situation:

I was trying to pee pad train Brady and was getting inconsistent results but noticed that every time I took him outside he'd pee and poop so I started doing that and everything was going great! We got into a routine and everything. But I live in a high rise and it was starting to become very inconvenient to take him outside 4-5 times a day so I'm once again trying to pee pad train him and the poor baby is so confused!!

I'm doing the set up where I crate him and then line a pen entirely with pads. I just started this last night and he was really confused at first but finally peed in the pen and i was very very happyyyyyyy so i praised and let him out. But then after a few minutes of being out he started squatting on the carpet so I whipped him up to the pen right away. The poop was already out and just plopped in the pen and he jumped out.

So this morning, I put him in the pen and he peed RIGHT AWAY!!! I praised him but now I'm keeping him in there til he poops cuz i KNOW he has to, but he's very confused.

Should I let him out for a few minutes then put him back in? I know when I took him outside he would always pee then walk around a bit more to a diff area then poop, but always within a few minutes. I feel like none of the potty threads address this issue. Do most dogs not pee and poop within the same time period? Should I let him out after he does only one? or keep him inside til he does both?

Please help!!!
yli009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!