View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:18 AM   #13
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockster's Mom
I think it just horrible when a vet goes from caring about animals to caring more about the money. Now that I live in North Richland Hills (near Fort Worth), I was a little scared to go to a new vet. I have been taking Rocky to vet clinic in Hurst, and the vet there is the greatest. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I took Rocky in because he was vomiting. The vet want to do a X-ray, which of course I was going to do, but really did not have the spare money and X-rays cost a little bit. The vet waved the X-ray fee, because he understood it is very close to the holidays and everyone is short money this time of year, but he wanted to make sure Rocky did not eat anything he should have not. No many vets will do that. Don't ya'll agree?
That was a very nice and generous thing for him to do. I like to think my vet would be that generous also if the need arose. We have been going to "Dr. Bill" (in Brenham) since we got our toy poodle back in '89 and he has always been the greatest! He was also the one I went to about a week after we had to put Dax (the poodle) down at the age of 15. We cried and he consoled and made me feel so much better about wanting to get another "baby". He also ran into my dad a few days later (small town!) and told him that I was such a good mommy to that little boy and he just wanted my parents to know that they had raised such a caring person. That meant a lot to me. Financially, he's wonderful too. We have a "running tab" at his office that we can pay as slow or quick as we can. At times when we have to take Tatum and Stormie (the Australian Shepherd) both in for shots and then when we got the new kitties and Stormie at the same time too that needed checkups, that bill really got up there. They have no problem with their loyal customers paying when they can. That is always helpful too.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!