View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
ziggy925
YT 500 Club Member

Not sure what to say, but given enough time the puppy will settle down. When I first got Ruger he would bark whenever I left the room, even if I got behind the shower curtain. Now, he has settled down quite a bit, and usually sleeps on the bathroom floor or plays with a toy waiting for me to come out of the shower.

Ruger is one year old now, and things like barking in the car when I leave him for a minute or two has mostly stopped. While Yorkies have a reputation for being yappy little dogs, Ruger is pretty quiet and only barks if he wants something or hears/smells something outside. I just live with it as I don't want to break him of being a good watchdog, although if he knows the person at the door he won't do anything.

FYI, I live in a duplex, and my neighbors have never complained, except that they leave their door open a lot for the cat, and Ruger tends to go inside and eat the cat's food. They say they never hear him, so how well your place is constructed will make a difference. BTW, he never barks at the cat. They just kinda ignore each other.
ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!