View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thank you for responding. Sorry for the late response, I've been in bed with a migraine till now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
can you take him to an ER vet. He could get dehydrated going so often. Do you think the new food the vet gave you may be upsetting his tummy? I hope he gets better soon.
I already called his regular vet again, and he said if he's drinking and eating (he is), I may just have to wait out the diarrhea. I checked him gums and eyes, he doesn't show signs of dehydration. He is still his regular playful self too...just the very loose/watery stools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
Did your vet take xrays to rule out any pieces of the pencil being in his digestive tract?
He did not take an x-ray, stating that it's not necessary at this point given his overall wellness otherwise. He also said that an x-ray may not show anything at all if really small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Does his tummy look bloated at all? Is he drinking and eating normally?
I've been checking his belly since Monday; it's not distended, is palpable and not painful when I touch it. The vet confirmed same yesterday and was not concerned.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!