View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
Just curious: How long has Lizzie been doing agility? I still can't get over how totally unafraid she is. She seems to really enjoy it. I don't like the A frame either, it seems awful steep for a little dog. I've run NADAC courses with Eddie before, and the A frames aren't quite as high.

The AKC A frame isn't as high either. I think that one was set at the AKC height, about 5'6". I don't like the USDAA height, way to steep for Liz. If she doesn't get a good start to even that one, she can have a hard time getting over it.

I think Lizzy has been in class for about a year and a half now. I really try hard to keep it fun and positive for her. I also usually have "agility" treats, which are just treats I use for class only. I also use backyard treats at home, and they are just different treats than the everyday treats.

Here is another run. http://qik.ly/C7HAtyxsS1NNE8AyGPRyhdE Diane, our trainer thought she didn't do the tunnel because she heard me move away from it. You can also see her having a little bit of a hard time going up the A frame with a poor start toward it. She really needs a running start and that's my responsibility. Every once in a while, she doens't like the metal entrance to the collapsed tunnel. I can't get her to do and she won't go for the target when Diane is at the end, but when Diane takes her to the entrance, she goes right through What can I say, she's a Momma's girl!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!