View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Babbs3772
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 Abandoned Yorkie now named Happy!

Two days ago my husband found a three legged Yorkie, he brought him inside immediately and called me at work.

Once I arrived home, I could see that this wasn't a "lost" dog. Although he had on a clean coat (go figure) He was covered, and I mean covered with fleas, grunge etc. His dew claws were close to an inch and a half long and one was torn quite badly around the skin. He was hacking and I knew immediately what he most likely had was a collapsing trachea. He is not neutered.

The worse of all of this? His severely decayed teeth - all of them sadly. We brought him to the Veterinarian office yesterday and he had a full work up and check up you could say.

She said that this was one of the worst cases of neglect she had ever seen and she documented this so we could make sure that should any one attempt to come forward regarding him we could be sure he would stay with us instead. She fully was backing us up.

Her guess is he is 10 years old and has spent much of his life not very loved.

He is getting neutered next week and he is also having his teeth extraction done at the same time.

My husband and I adore our three legged little baby, we have named him "Happy" and he has a nice new harness, coat and bed. He gets along well with our two cats and our other dog Zachary. He is on medicine for his coughing and hacking due to the trachea damage and it makes him a bit sleepy.

Thank you for letting us share Happy's story with you and I hope to get to know all of you and your babies in the future.

Barbara
Babbs3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!