View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #12
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkking17 View Post
As far as my apartment goes, it is NOT sound proof. While we cannot hear conversations in a bordering apartment, I can still hear the neighbor's baby cry. I know that my neighbor would be able to hear a puppy bark. In addition, she has told me that dog barking really annoys her -- not that I blame her -- it would annoy me too if it was constant. In addition, our complex is relatively quiet, but we do have an abundance of small barking dogs .

While I would eventually love to get two dogs, I do not see that as an option (financially or time wise) at this point. I have also read that if you are gone during the day this is not always a good idea as the puppies tend to bond more with each other than with the owner. Don't know if this is true but, before getting a second dog, I would like to have an established bond with my first one

I definitely think that some of this will relate to the dog's own traits and personality, which means when the time comes I will definitely have to make sure the (reputable) breeder helps me find a dog that is right for my personality & living situation.

I definitely like the idea about the music, toys, etc. and I will do something like that.

I also thought the posting about playing with the dog 1hr AND a walk was a great idea -- had no idea they would need that much exercise in the morning! lol....Guess I will be trying to go to bed earlier!!!

Thank you for your great responses so far! Please keep them coming

You are right. It's better for bonding and training to get just one puppy at a time.

Oh, dear. If you can hear a baby cry through the walls and have a neighbor who hates barking dogs, that could be a problem.

Do you have any plans to move in the future? If so, it might be a good idea to wait.
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!